I take every other Wednesday off from work in order to stay caught up on my school work, house work, etc. Well this Wednesday was my day off and I was very excited because the weather was supposed to be in the 80's. On Tuesday I suggested to Allen, that he take Wednesday off too (knowing this was highly doubtful as he has been very busy at work) and we find something fun to do to enjoy the weather. He kind of laughed it off and I forgot about it, and started planning what needed to be done for school and around the house.
After work, I called Allen and he picked up but said he'd have to call me right back. When he called back he said "Sorry, I've been busy.. I talked to Granny and then I called my boss.. we are going to the lake tonight and we're going to spend the day there tomorrow." I was so excited. Despite all the house chores and school work that needed to be done, what I really needed/wanted was a "mental health day" and some relaxing quality time with Allen.
Once I got home from work, I packed my bags, packed the dogs, packed the car, and cooked a quick dinner. By that time, Allen was home and we jumped in the car and headed to his grandparents lake house on Lake Murray.
The Whole Fam :)
Wednesday the pups woke us up bright and early. We played a quick game of ball and Callie even went for a swim!
After wearing the dogs out.. Allen and I headed to Lexington. We had breakfast at the Lizard's Thicket.. Yum!
Then made a quick stop by the Piggly Wiggly to pick up some snacks :)
When we got back, it was still cloudy outside, so we played a quick game of pictionary, where we learned we are both horrible artists, but must know each other pretty well, because somehow we kept coming up with the right answer despite our horrible (and I mean horrible) drawings!
Finally, the sun came out and we enjoyed a BEAUTIFUL afternoon at the lake.
| Lake Murray, SC |
| Love, love, love this man! |
| :) |
| Congo wasn't too concerned with my suntan! |
| Handsome, Jack! All in all, this was honestly one of the best days ever. Not much can beat a spontaneous day of relaxation by the lake with my favorite person and 3 favorite dogs! I am truly blessed! |
No comments:
Post a Comment