Friday, November 9, 2012

Camping

A few weeks ago, Allen, Jack, and I went camping with my family at Hanging Rock. We knew we had to get there before the gates closed at 8:00, but Allen had a crazy day at work and we got a late start leaving. We finally got to the park at 7:45, just in time!



The next morning, we woke up and enjoyed a yummy breakfast prepared by Mom and Barna! - Pancakes, Bacon, Sausage - Yum!

Once our bellies were full, we took a short hike to see some waterfalls! The leaves were just beginning to change colors and everything was absolutely beautiful!







After our hike, we went back to warm up by the fire. Some of the guys were having a hard time keeping a good fire going, so I took over for a minute and...tada: 

Go me!

That afternoon, we had a pumpkin carving contest. Although everyone tried hard, I think it's pretty obvious Allen and I won :)




After the contest, Allen, Kyle, Mary and I went for a bike ride. As you can tell, it was getting pretty cold by that point! (Ignore the guy in shorts - he's from Alaska!)



By the end of the day, we were all worn out! 
Sweet Jack Jack

The next morning, everyone woke up early and packed up.Allen, Jack and I weren't quite ready to leave yet, so we went for another short hike to some other waterfalls. The views were gorgeous - the pictures really don't do it justice.


We had such a great weekend, enjoying God's beauty and time with family - we are so blessed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment