Today was the due date for my first pregnancy. I know it's just a day, but it's a reminder of what we once had and the things that "could have been". I know you can't dwell on "what could have been", and I'm trying not to, but it is a reminder and the reminder brings back a lot of feelings of loss and grief.
The past few weeks have been hard. I started back on my fertility medication 2 weeks ago, only to find out that it didn't work this time. They don't know why. So, they started me on a new medication - it didn't work either. I'm frustrated. I'm disappointed. I asked Allen this week "How long do we keep trying? When do we give up?" ... and then this message came, about perseverance. It amazes me how God knows exactly what we need to hear and when we need to hear it. Through this message and studying God's word this week, I've realized that we need to keep pushing forward and to keep persevering. I have learned that I need to trust God and have faith that He
Jesus promised that we would have trials and tribulations (John 16:33) , but he also instructed us to persevere through these trials. (Romans 5:1-5). Jesus tells us to rejoice when we run into problems and trials, because they are good for us - they help us learn to endure which then develops our character, which then strengthens our confident expectation of salvation. So, instead of dwelling in my sorrow this week, I have decided to persevere. I am going to push forward and thank God for where I am and the blessings He has given me. We are going to keep trying and keep praying for a child and I KNOW God will answer our prayer, in His time. So, this week I pray that if you are struggling with something, that you keep fighting and keep praying and continue to have faith. "Nothing is impossible with God!" - Luke 1:37
No comments:
Post a Comment